2022 IDC North America InfoBrief: How to be a Digital Leader in 2022
In a survey of IT decision makers across North America, IDC identified a small segment of enterprises – Digital Leaders – that are successfully leveraging the cloud to thrive in times of uncertainty.
While Digital Leaders are not immune to the challenges faced by North American organizations, they have specific traits that make them stand out from their peers.
In this IDC InfoBrief, published in partnership with AWS, we provide insight into:
- the characteristics of Digital Leaders
- why you need to be a Digital Leader
- the main challenges facing these organizations in North America
- what digital leaders do differently or better than their peers
Last year’s InfoBrief spoke to how the COVID-19 pandemic influenced organizations’ outlook and approach to cloud and digital transformation.
This year’s InfoBrief identifies how enterprises are building their digital muscle to get the most from their cloud and transformations:
- 77% of North America Digital Leaders run 26% or more of their applications on a cloud-native infrastructure.
- 82% of Digital Leaders are going through a large-scale business transformation.
- Nearly 1/3 of Digital Leaders say adopting edge is a top 3 priority.
- 87% of respondents in North America see the cloud as the biggest driver of sustainability strategy today.
- 73% of North American respondents are experiencing a cloud skills gap within their organizations.
What Do Some Enterprises Get Wrong In Their Cloud Adoption Journey?
Every cloud transformation journey has its challenges and, more often than not, these stem from a mismatch between the culture and drive…
The SMART Way to Migrate and Modernize with AWS Migration Acceleration Program
Faster and easier cloud migration with AWS and Cloudreach Today, cloud migration is all about speed. But as organizations race to realize…
Where is the Cloud Talent CrisisGoing in the Next 12 Months?
We surveyed re:Invent attendees on trends in cloud skills, DE&I. Here’s what they told us This year at AWS re:Invent we ran…
Secret CxO Roundtable: Agile And Adaptable Organizations
In September, the Cloudbusting Podcast team held a roundtable discussion with CxOs from seven enterprises at different stages in their cloud journey….
10 Best Practices For Accelerated Cloud Migrations
High-velocity cloud migrations, whether driven by world-changing events or simply a poorly timed data center exit, require a high level of attention…
This InfoBrief explores how Digital Leaders in North America – enterprises that thrive in the cloud – are building their digital muscle to get the most from their cloud and transformations.