Updated as of May 2021
What is the purpose of this notice?
Cloudreach group companies (“Cloudreach”) is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Cloudreach collects personal information or when you provide personal information to us in the following circumstances:
- When you visit our Cloudreach website;
- In other cases, when we see an opportunity to partner with you on your cloud journey.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
If you visit our website, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name and last name.
- Contact Data includes email address, location, job title, company and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific webpage. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
In other circumstances, we may collect, use, store and transfer Identity Data and Contact Data. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data, for example to send you newsletters or information about our services and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to do what you have requested from us.
How is your personal data collected?
If you visit our website, we use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your details by filling in forms. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Fill out a contact form and request information to be sent to you;
- Subscribe to our blog, our newsletters or career updates;
- Request a publication from us such as a presentation or white paper;
- Sign up for one of our events;
- Interaction with our chat bot.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Notice for further details.
We may also collect Technical Data from third party analytics and software based outside the EU. You can view an extensive list in our cookies notice.
In other circumstances, we may collect and receive personal data about you in person, by phone or email or from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as LinkedIn.
- Identity and Contact Data from our partners, customers or third parties.
- Browsing patterns and activities when engaging with Cloudreach social media content.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To send you content, event information and messages regarding our products and services.||Identity |
Marketing and Communications
|Consent or Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
|To contact you to discuss opportunities.||Identity |
|Consent or Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can opt out at any time by contacting email@example.com.
We will always inform you before we share your personal data with any company outside the Cloudreach group of companies for marketing purposes.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal data
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to other parties. However, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above in ‘Purposes for which we will use your personal data’
- Internal Third Parties (other companies in the Cloudreach group).
- External Third Parties such as system software and service providers acting as processors providing marketing management, customer relationship management, and email and office suite services.
- Partners with which we organise events.
From time to time, we may allow third parties to access our systems directly. This access will always be specific and limited in its scope. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. You can view a comprehensive list of Cloudreach’s subprocessors here.
Since we operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including within the Cloudreach Group or to our external third parties which are based outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures can be found in our Information Security & Data Protection Summary.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see section below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
We respect your privacy rights and therefore you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and request:
- To access your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- To delete, change or update any personal data relating to you (for example, if you believe that your personal data is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected or deleted); or
- That we will cease any further use of your personal data or that we shall remove your personal data (subject to any other legal obligation that may require us to keep the information, such as transactional history and information which is required by anti-money laundering regulation)
- To unsubscribe to receiving marketing communication at any time. Please note that you can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, please contact our DPO at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your personal data not in accordance with the laws, you can complain to the applicable data protection authority.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Third party websites
You may find other content on our website that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by these websites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing, and may have their own privacy policies, terms and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to Cloudreach services, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in May 2021.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.