What is the purpose of this notice?
Cloudreach group companies (“Cloudreach”) is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Cloudreach collects personal information or when you provide personal information to us for recruitment purposes.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of Information we hold about you
In connection with your application and indicated interest to work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you provide to us in your curriculum vitae, covering letter and equal employment opportunities questions.
- The information you provide on your application form and in your profile, including, but not limited to, name, location, telephone number, personal email address, skills and information provided in any linked portfolios or social media profiles such as a LinkedIn profile.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview and as part of the recruitment process, including bank details in case we need to reimburse you for your travel expenses.
- Optional information you may provide including gender, gender identity, race, sexual orientation,, disability, ethnic origin and veteran status to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
- Your candidate behaviour through cookie tracking. Please see our cookie page for further details.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate, through the information you submit to us verbally, in your job application, cover letter and CV.
- Your public profile from publicly accessible recruitment-related sources including LinkedIn or public CV databases, as well as affiliated third parties and agencies.
- In exceptional circumstances, your named referees, from whom we might collect feedback or details on your work history.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for a specific vacancy.
- Check that you are legally entitled to work in the country where the relevant position is available.
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for future opportunities.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process and future job opportunities.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes, including equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- Where applicable, reimburse you for your travel expenses.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as information on your qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your interest, your profile and your application: for example, with other entities within the group, or our applicant tracking system. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long will you use my information for?
If you are successful, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment plus 6 years following the end of your employment.
If you are unsuccessful following assessment for the position(s) you have applied for or indicated interest in, or if there is no position that fits your profile, we will retain your details in our talent pool on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in the future. We will proactively contact you should any further suitable vacancies arise. If you are unsuccessful following assessment for the position(s) you have applied for, we will retain your details for up to 2 years, or as otherwise required under specific regional laws.
Should you wish to view or delete all personal information that Cloudreach holds on you, please contact our data protection officer by emailing email@example.com.
In any event, where applicable, your bank details will be deleted promptly after your travel expenses have been reimbursed to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures can be found in our Information Security & Data Protection Summary.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected. We ask you to use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your profile on our career website is maintained up to date.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Should you wish to exercise this right, please follow the instructions described in the “data retention” section above. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our data protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and letting us know that you want to unsubscribe.
Data protection officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO by emailing email@example.com. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our candidate privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in January 2021.