The customer was looking for a cloud-native Partner who could support and develop its capabilities in advance of adopting Google Cloud Platform.
As a first step, the customer wanted assistance to assess their current on-premise environment and a partner to build a migration strategy to Google Cloud Platform, including a TCO.
Supporting our large enterprise customers in migrating to the public cloud has been a long standing competency of Cloudreach. For this engagement, we:
- Helped educate the customer’s team on Google Cloud Platform, highlighting it’s many strengths and advantages.
- Undertook an evaluation of the customer’s on-premise environment using Cloudamize, a best-in-breed tooling to assist with both the functionality for cost assessment and planning for a migration.
- Cloudamize analyses dependencies and constraints to build the migration plan while limiting the potential impacts.
- Provided a migration strategy and blueprint for how the customer can migrate to Google Cloud Platform, tailored to their bespoke requirements, as well as forecasting their spend in GCP. This included:
- As part of this, we reviewed the customer’s current environment and defined the target architecture in GCP, as well as a migration strategy for each service.
- We provided options to the customer to compare cost scenarios based on different architectures and billing options, including different instances or services, as well as considering Google’s functionalities for optimisation - including rightsizing and Committed and Sustained Use Discounting models.
- Assessed the migration complexity and risks as well as providing workload cost estimates for the project.
The customer now has a clear overview of the inventory within their estate which can be migrated to Google Cloud Platform. Through mapping dependencies and taking a holistic application-centric approach, this ensures minimal disruption to the customer’s infrastructure ahead of a migration.
They now have a clear plan for a migration, as well as having a team who have been educated on both GCP and empowered with our deep expertise in cloud migrations, aware of the common pitfalls and challenges.
Alongside the initial plan for a Migration Factory, we helped the customer finalise the business case for a decision on their migration.
Online Travel Agency Case Study
The customer is an online travel agency, which specialises in offering their customers a single portal to access options for flights, travel and accommodation.
Related Case Studies
The customer is a leading retailer with more than 1,000 stores across the United States. They are committed to offering an easy shopping experience for their customers in their stores, online and via their mobile application.
- Retail & E-commerce
A critical part of the customer’s technology transformation to the public cloud was ensuring that industry best practices are being followed in relation to enterprise architecture,
- Retail & E-commerce