As part of this particular engagement, the customer asked for our transformation advisory services to understand how they could better leverage Google Cloud Platform as part of their cloud adoption. Their objectives were twofold:
- From a data perspective: To develop a proof of concept on GCP to inform a large-scale migration with best practice recommendations on how to fully maximise the value of GCP.
- From an application perspective: To understand how they could increase their agility, reduce their codebase and decouple components of their application.
Our transformation advisory services are made up of different phases, each with a tailored focus on infrastructure, applications and data. As part of this engagement, we helped the customer:
- Define their GCP vision and strategy - What does successful GCP adoption mean for them?
- Designed an actionable roadmap and identified the right frameworks - What is their plan for executing their vision and strategy in an accelerated and governed way?
- Implemented GCP cloud foundations - How can they support the scalability of their cloud adoption?
- Offered new insights - How can they optimise the costs and risk impact of cloud adoption?
We helped the customer build a cohesive vision, strategy and business case for GCP adoption, as well as defining their foundations to ensure a successful adoption.
Our customer is now in the process of a complete migration to the cloud, aiming to be data center free within the next two years. This migration stands alongside rebuilding their estate to leverage the full potential of Google Cloud, including leveraging BigQuery to maximise value from their data.
Our strategic advisory services helped guide the customer at the start of this journey, understanding where Google Cloud excels and supporting them in their initial foray on the platform. This included upskilling and empowering their teams with the foundational knowledge they needed to maximise the true value of GCP.
Global Financial Services Company
Our customer is a large, global financial services company that specialises in providing credit insights to consumers and businesses. They have a presence in over 20 countries and employ over 10,000 employees. They pride themselves in bringing together data and technology to serve their customers and create unique and differentiated insights to help move their customers forward.