About Belron International
Belron® are the world’s leading vehicle glass repair and replacement group, with a turnover of more than 2.8 billion Euros. Belron had deployed key components of their job scheduling application on Microsoft Azure and required a 24/7, SLA based managed service to monitor and maintain the environment.
Belron needed to provide 24/7 support their global business units. However this would require them hire and train a full scale support team.
- Belron International are constantly looking for opportunities to broaden their infrastructure expertise and so chose to use the Microsoft Azure platform to host parts of a mission critical application in order gain experience in building a solution on a new platform.
- Utilising new technologies enables Belron International to continuously share best practises with their autonomous global business units.
- Cloudreach provide Operating System level support on a 24 x 7 basis, which includes monitoring and management of the Azure infrastructure.
- The application in question is used by technicians in the field, to upload data and images (for example, storing images of broken/fixed windscreens for legal purposes).
- Cloudreach also performed disaster recovery tests in Azure – stopping virtual machines from running and testing the best way to restore them, allowing Belron to formulate an appropriate disaster recovery plan.
Working with Cloudreach allowed Belron to use one provider to support all of their public cloud infrastructure (which also includes Google and AWS technologies). We were chosen having worked with Belron over a number of years, and having provided a high quality service while supporting their e-commerce application running in AWS. We also have a large number of Azure certified engineers within both our Operations and Enablement teams. Delegating support responsibility in this way spared Belron the task of building a fully responsive out of hours roster with a small team.
Our support allows Belron to support their application globally, around the clock, using just one provider. Belron were able to free up their team to focus on utilising new services that differentiate Belron as a business, by moving routine activities away from that core team.
Related Case Studies
Cloudreach and Microsoft help Douglas to develop a governance framework.
- Retail & E-commerce
Cloudreach helps a leading international insurer migrate 300 applications to AWS.