Cloudreach Cares: Looking back at 2018
Its that special time of year again, when giving is on everybody’s mind. What a great opportunity to look back at Cloudreach Cares activities over the past year.
Cloudreach Cares is a central hub which aims to empower Cloudreachers to develop more sustainable business practices and get engaged in all of the different community outreach initiatives we promote. Cloudreach Cares operates across 3 pillars:
- Socially Responsible Business Practices – Our commitment to being socially smarter and creating a more sustainable and healthy environment for our employees and customers.
- Giving Back – Through volunteering and fundraising, Cloudreach promotes using our knowledge and resources for the betterment of communities around us.
- Partnerships – Creating value by partnering with like-minded organisations.
Our Mission is ‘to enable Cloudreachers to make a positive difference and represent our social footprint in our local and global communities’.
With the holidays coming up we would like to take the time to look back at all great initiatives Cloudreachers initiated in 2018:
- Back in June, we asked Cloudreachers to nominate worthy charities to receive a £5000 donation from Cloudreach. The entries had to detail how the charities aligned to our Cloudy Values and our top 3 UN sustainability goals – Quality Education, Gender Equality and Health & Wellbeing. As a result, Girls Inc, Code Club, and the Meningitis Research Foundation each received a £5000 donation.
- In the summer, Cloudreachers across the globe spent time volunteering as part of our quarterly event. We helped out on a farm, did trail maintenance and planted trees! We ran clothes drives, food collections, and blood donations. We worked in soup kitchens and cooked for our local communities. Some of our offices also had visits from various charities to hear about the great work they do!
- A group of Cloudreachers in our Paris office participated in a volunteering day to help MIAA – Mouvement d’Intermittents d’Aide aux Autres (miaa.fr), a homeless charity. Check out Mathieu’s Linkedin post to read all about it. The Paris office is also starting a partnership with Nos Quartiers ont des Talents – a charity to help young graduates from deprived neighborhoods to find a job.
- In November we launched our first Skills for Schools session in Edinburgh, which was a huge success. The initiative places Cloudreach volunteers in local schools to deliver fun and engaging STEM learning experiences for young people: Read about it here.
In order to celebrate and promote smaller charitable initiatives individual Cloudreachers get involved in, Cloudreach Cares offers fund matching up to £250. This year alone we have supported Cloudreachers with lots of amazing fundraising activities:
- Edinburgh office Tough Mudder – Help for Heroes
- Edinburgh office Christmas fundraiser – Cash for Kids
- London office Christmas fundraiser – Shelter from the Storm
- Philadelphia office Christmas fundraiser – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- New York office Christmas fundraiser – Adopt a Family Program
- Movember – the Cloudy ‘Stachers raised $1355 for the Movember Foundation last month!
A massive thanks for everyone’s involvement in all these great initiatives. Onwards and upwards to leave an even bigger social footprint in 2019.